Sunday, October 19, 2008

Keeping Texas weird!!

I'm listening to the song Crash and Burn by Savage Garden and Coming back to life by You know who, its nearly 1:00 am at night and I have a mid-term paper that I need to work on, but as the song goes on.... the moment has arrived... but sadly it goes even faster. So, while writing this weird piece which might not really make any sense at all, at the end of it, it still feels good. It is like singing your favourite song when no one is listening, if you understand what I mean.

Keeping Texas Weird.
It was an attempt by local people to maintain the traditional Austin, the hippy culture of 60s and 70s, the local bookstore at the corner, the weirdness that keeps you more alive, the one that I now miss when I meet up with friends, the one that I remember when I go to the beach and one which is getting more and more difficult to find now.

I liked this idea. It kinda struck a cord somewhere.
Even people I knew to care less about opinion of strangers suddenly seem all to concerned about it.

... its getting dark ....

No comments: